...raising the standard, building the nation
A teacher, in the crystal sense, is one who aids others to discover the potentials embedded in them and guide them towards exploiting and channeling these potentials to the benefit of themselves first and then to society.
Teaching is more than a job; being a teacher is, therefore, more than wanting to have a job to dispense knowledge. Teaching is a calling, teaching is a vision. This vision involves the onerous task of leading minds from the depths of ambiguity to the surface of clarity; it, therefore, becomes imperative that they (teachers) be up to date with the necessary expertise and know-how for achieving this auspicious task. That is the reason for the birth of the great Teachers Education Network - gTEN.
evision-gTEN is our frontline teacher's educational and motivational platform. The gTEN has been structured to provide opportunities for schools and teachers to unite around the world. This will include an opportunity provided for teachers to enroll for free e-classes that will expose them to academic curriculum that are in tune with current realities through collaboration with others in a global network. The focus of schooling, teaching and learning has moved from preparing students to write exams to preparing them for a life of global impact. Our vision is bigger than a four-walled classroom.
PROGRAM SYNOPSIS OF evision-gTEN
Annual talk-show, seminars and conferences for teachers and other delegates from schools with resource persons drawn globally to bring to teachers, contemporary issues on teaching and national development such as: Annual Awards of excellence to high performing teachers, students and other players in this noble opportunity. This is intended to be modeled after the Oscars, AMAA and the likes with press coverage nationally and internationally.
- Current Challenges of National Economic and Technological Development and the place of Schools and Teachers,
- Some Innovative approaches to Teaching and its impact on learning,
- Building the spirit of enterprise amongst students and learners in an economy with high unemployment level,
- Teachers network for sharing ideas that works.
- Annual Student - Teacher discussion forum with key players in different industry invited to motivate students of secondary/tertiary institutions to see possibilities of success in their prospective and chosen career path. The broad purpose of the gTEN is to contribute to educational development as a means to fostering the spirit of nation building.
evision-gTEN takes a nation building view to teacher development and the imperatives of such calling by designing programs that help the teacher to think nation building in all their activities. The core purpose of the forum is to create a platform through which all stakeholders – governments, individuals, academics, educational institutions, corporations and non-profit organizations – come as a collective whole to develop and demonstrate real-world solutions that are practical and sustainable to education and national development.
AIMS OF gTEN
To achieve the above purposes, our aims are:
- To create a forum for interaction between teachers and other stake holders in education;
- To be an avenue for peer review and knowledge/experience sharing among various practitioners in education, training, skills and business development;
- Be updated on current global trend in educational development.
- This platform will also create opportunity for players in educational technology to help develop technology based media apps for learning and teaching. An opportunity also exist for knowledge and skill pool that institutions can take advantage of during recruitment and the hiring.